Started my internship at Bebenoir Boutique this Monday, and so far it has been super cool. Bebenoir is a little clothing store located in Harlem on 116th street by the Harlem Tavern. They sell a bunch of really unique clothing items and jewelry pieces. It definitely catches your eye because, the inside is so colorful and attractive. The owners are Fatima and Ibrahima, they are a couple from Mali. They wanted to open the store to really inspire African youths that are passionate about fashion. Therefore, you'll find a lot of items from local designers in the store. The store also sells both men and women things.
As for my time there so far, it's been great. I love fashion so it's a way for me to learn first hands-on things about fashion and how to style. My one thing is to dress manequins and with this internship I get to do that. It's been fun so far helping customers accessorize and style their outfits. Customers come in looking for an entire outfit for certain events and we help them put a look together. Or, they will come looking for accessories to go with an outfit they already have. Either way it's pretty cool.
This week I learned how to polish jewelry, which is something I've never done before. I am also in charge of managing the store's networking sites.
Had a great week so far, and looking forward to the upcoming ones! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment